The community response to the WebSharper 3.0 announcement has been overwhelmingly positive. Thanks to everyone who keeps spreading the word! Here are some news from the front:
- WebSharper 220.127.116.11-alpha just hit the NuGet repository, together with all the public extensions. Don't forget the
-preflag when running NuGet update, since they are marked as alpha.
- We also uploaded the first version 3.0 of the Visual Studio extension, together with a few updates to the WebSharper website.
- Thanks to some updates to IntelliFactory.Build and WebSharper itself, WebSharper 3.0 can now be built from source on Mono. Don't hesitate to try it out and report any issues you might encounter!
Work has also started on some API enhancements and simplifications and some new features:
- The branch
- We are looking to rename the namespaces
IntelliFactory.WebSharper.Htmlto something more explicit. Many developers have been confused by this naming because the difference is not obvious: the former is for server-side markup, while the latter is for client-side markup. The server-side markup will probably be renamed to
IntelliFactory.WebSharper.Sitelets.Html; we haven't yet decided a name for the client-side markup.
- More enhancements will be coming; we hope to have the bulk of the breaking changes in before the end of the year.